adapt in SCORE file does not work logicaly

From: Stefan Huchler
Subject: adapt in SCORE file does not work logicaly
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 17:32:05 +0200

the adapt variable in score files which u can set to ignore/nil/t works
as far as I understand it as a group specific version of
gnus-use-adaptive-scoring which is the global version of it, right?

So u can activate gnus-use-adaptive-scoring globaly and with
adapt=ignore dont use adaptive scoring for this group, and the other way
around.

So far that makes much sense to me, but score does not allow the value
word or (word).

So

1. question: how can I do activate word based adaptive scoring for one
group?

2. question: it would be logical to either allow the value (word)
there. Do I have to quote it somehow or something?

If I press 2 in gnus-score-customize on the score value menu which
stands for lisp expression, it just ignores it, it does not ask me for a
lisp expression.

thx for an answer!