Re: Gnus Multiple Roles

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: Gnus Multiple Roles
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2015 13:44:15 +0100

> Ah, interesting. Maybe it's time to let Gnus talk directly to the server
> (though the msmtp hack also on that wiki page still works just fine).
>
> That would mean relying entirely on posting styles, though, which is a
> bit of pain because I really like being able to just hit "m" in the
> *Group* buffer. It's never quite felt right to me that I still have to
> compose messages "from" a group, with "C-u a". Anyway, not a great big
> deal, either way.

I have a hack that I use which gives a menu of profiles based on the
posting styles.

        https://gitlab.com/snippets/6486

It is sort of elaborate, and one day I, or someone else, need to add this
to Gnus.  It’s missing.  The issue is that it’s not quite in the spirit of
posting styles as posting styles should probably be complete.  But I guess
you could add a (profile-name NAME) to the posting style which would
automatically make the posting style available via some menu.

Rasmus

--
It was you, Jezebel, it was you