HELP: Sorting by score

From: Sebastian Christ
Subject: HELP: Sorting by score
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 14:57:38 +0100

Hi list,

currently I'm sorting the summary buffer by score and hiding
threads. For the Emacs Mailing List I get this summary buffer:

  31    Today, 06:39         John Wiegley                1  Re: smart
indentation for SQL files
  31    Today, 06:30         John Wiegley                1  Re: ox-freemind.el
  9     Yesterday, 19:10     Eli Zaretskii               2  Re: Add FIXME
comment re stack overflow and modules
  9     Yesterday, 18:10     Eli Zaretskii               2  Re: Emacs-25:
stop-process  has no effect on linux
  9     Yesterday, 18:18     Eli Zaretskii               1  Re: Should
substitute-command-keys remove text properties of strings containing quotes?
  0     Today, 06:36         Richard Stallman            2  Re: lax whitespace
search
  10    Today, 11:36         Oleh Krehel                 2  Did anyone else
have trouble getting a fencepost.gnu.org account?
  20    Yesterday, 22:22     Fabrice Popineau            6  Emacs master,
w32/w64
  0     Today, 04:36         Stefan Monnier              1  Re: [Emacs-diffs]
emacs-25 57f2225: Add FIXME comment re stack overflow and modules
  0     Today, 04:32         Stefan Monnier              1  Re:
[gnu-prog-discuss] Reproducible builds
  -4    Yesterday, 21:26     Alan Mackenzie              1  Re: Git help
requested: "git stash pop" is doing an unwanted "git add". Why?

The first number is the the score for this thread. My assumption was
that the threads scored with 10 and 20 would be listed before the
threads scored with 9. Is my assumption false? Or did I miss some
configuration?

This is my configuration:

  (setq gnus-summary-thread-gathering-function 'gnus-gather-threads-by-subject
        gnus-summary-gather-subject-limit 'fuzzy
        gnus-sort-gathered-threads-function 'gnus-thread-sort-by-date
        gnus-thread-ignore-subject nil
        gnus-thread-hide-subtree t
        gnus-thread-sort-functions '(gnus-thread-sort-by-number
                                     gnus-thread-sort-by-most-recent-date
                                     gnus-thread-sort-by-score)
        gnus-article-sort-functions '(gnus-article-sort-by-number
                                      gnus-article-sort-by-score))

Thanks in advance.

-- Sebastian