Re: HELP: Sorting by score

From: Mike Kupfer
Subject: Re: HELP: Sorting by score
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 16:59:01 -0800

Sebastian Christ <rudolfo.christ@gmail.com> writes:

> The first number is the the score for this thread. My assumption was
> that the threads scored with 10 and 20 would be listed before the
> threads scored with 9. Is my assumption false? Or did I miss some
> configuration?

Awhile back I noticed something similar, where the order of threads
was inconsistent with their score.  My configuration is somewhat
different from yours, but perhaps it's the same root cause.

What I discovered was that the set of messages that were used to
calculate the thread score was different from the set of messages that
were grouped together for display.  The first set seemed to be
determined by header lines (probably some combination of References and
In-Reply-To).  The second set seemed to be determined by a shared
subject.

HTH,
mike