Re: multi-email gnus setup questions

From: Benjamin Slade
Subject: Re: multi-email gnus setup questions
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 14:15:20 -0700

> You have to tell each account to use your split rules (this allows you
> to theoretically use different rules for different accounts). See
> the "Client-side IMAP Splitting" section of the manual for details. If
> you're using fancy splitting, I think you have to set
> nnimap-split-methods to nnimap-split-fancy, then set nnimap-split-fancy
> to the value of the splits you want to use. All that has to happen as
> server parameters.

I've checked "Client-side IMAP Splitting" in the Gnus manual, and tried
a few different things, but nothing seems to work. (I don't get any
error messages either, but nothing gets refiled.)

Does anyone have an example setup with multiple IMAP accounts and mail
splitting?

>> (3) Customizing the C-x gnus menu:
>> Right I see things like nnimap+gmail1account:INBOX. Is there a way to
>> customize this, to look like FirstAccount:INBOX ?
>
> You can customize how the line for each group appears using the
> `gnus-group-line-format' variable -- it's possible to remove the backend
> altogether. See the "Group Line Specification" part of the manual. In
> particular, you might try switching the %g format specifier for %G?
> Anyway, experiment with that!

I think I'll have to write a custom function to chop off the beginning
bit since one of the default formatting specifiers shows too much and
the other shows too little.

--
( Dr Benjamin Slade . b.slade@utah.edu . http://www.jnanam.net/slade )
 ( Linguistics . University of Utah )