Re: multi-email gnus setup questions

From: Jens Klöcker
Subject: Re: multi-email gnus setup questions
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 2015 12:14:03 +0100

Hi Benjamin,

Am 22.12.2015 um 22:15 Uhr schrieb Benjamin Slade:

>> You have to tell each account to use your split rules (this allows
>> you to theoretically use different rules for different accounts). See
>> the "Client-side IMAP Splitting" section of the manual for
>> details. If you're using fancy splitting, I think you have to set
>> nnimap-split-methods to nnimap-split-fancy, then set
>> nnimap-split-fancy to the value of the splits you want to use. All
>> that has to happen as server parameters.
>
> I've checked "Client-side IMAP Splitting" in the Gnus manual, and
> tried a few different things, but nothing seems to work. (I don't get
> any error messages either, but nothing gets refiled.)
>
> Does anyone have an example setup with multiple IMAP accounts and mail
> splitting?

I have one. It's looking like this:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnimap "work"
                SOME CONFIG OPTIONS
                (nnimap-inbox "INBOX")
                (nnimap-split-methods 'nnimap-split-fancy)
                (nnimap-split-fancy
                 (| SOME FANCY RULES HERE
                  )
                 )
                )
        (nnimap "private"
                SOME CONFIG OPTIONS
                (nnimap-inbox "INBOX")
                (nnimap-split-methods 'nnimap-split-fancy)
                (nnimap-split-fancy
                 (| SOME OTHER FANCY RULES HERE
                  )
                 )
                )
               )

The fancy split rules split into IMAP folders on the current server.

>>> (3) Customizing the C-x gnus menu:
>>> Right I see things like nnimap+gmail1account:INBOX. Is there a way
>>> to customize this, to look like FirstAccount:INBOX ?
>>
>> You can customize how the line for each group appears using the
>> `gnus-group-line-format' variable -- it's possible to remove the
>> backend altogether. See the "Group Line Specification" part of the
>> manual. In particular, you might try switching the %g format
>> specifier for %G?  Anyway, experiment with that!
>
> I think I'll have to write a custom function to chop off the beginning
> bit since one of the default formatting specifiers shows too much and
> the other shows too little.

The is exactly what I have done.

--
Jens Klöcker · Public key: http://www.kloecker.org/jens/public-key.txt
        Mastery of UNIX, like mastery of language, offers real freedom.