IMAP groups created by split killed by default?

From: Emanuel Evans
Subject: IMAP groups created by split killed by default?
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 10:52:01 -0800

Hi! Quick question (apologies if I missed it in the manual
somewhere). I'm using fancy splitting on some IMAP mailboxes with rules
that look something like:

  (| (to "\\(\\w+\\)@noreply.github.com" "github.\\1")
     ;; etc
     )

This works great except for one problem: the first time I get an email
that creates a new group, the group is killed by default so I miss the
mail unless I go hunting around on the server. Is there any way to
default the group level to being subscribed? (My
`gnus-group-default-list-level' is set to 5, but it seems not to be
honored for new IMAP groups created by splitting).

Thanks!

- Emanuel