Re: IMAP groups created by split killed by default?

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: IMAP groups created by split killed by default?
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2016 20:17:39 +0100

Emanuel writes:

> Is there any way to default the group level to being subscribed?

This variable may be of interest:

,----[ C-h v gnus-check-new-newsgroups RET ]
| gnus-check-new-newsgroups is a variable defined in `gnus-start.el'.
| Its value is ((nnml "" (nnir-search-engine notmuch)))
| Original value was ask-server
|
| Documentation:
| *Non-nil means that Gnus will run `gnus-find-new-newsgroups' at startup.
| This normally finds new newsgroups by comparing the active groups the
| servers have already reported with those Gnus already knows, either alive
| or killed.
|
| When any of the following are true, `gnus-find-new-newsgroups' will instead
| ask the servers (primary, secondary, and archive servers) to list new
| groups since the last time it checked:
|   1. This variable is `ask-server'.
|   2. This variable is a list of select methods (see below).
|   3. Option `gnus-read-active-file' is nil or `some'.
|   4. A prefix argument is given to `gnus-find-new-newsgroups' interactively.
|
| Thus, if this variable is `ask-server' or a list of select methods or
| `gnus-read-active-file' is nil or `some', then the killed list is no
| longer necessary, so you could safely set `gnus-save-killed-list' to nil.
|
| This variable can be a list of select methods which Gnus will query with
| the `ask-server' method in addition to the primary, secondary, and archive
| servers.
|
| E.g.:
|   (setq gnus-check-new-newsgroups
|       '((nntp "some.server") (nntp "other.server")))
|
| If this variable is nil, then you have to tell Gnus explicitly to
| check for new newsgroups with M-x gnus-find-new-newsgroups.
`----

I have it set like that, because I don't want to download the active
file from Gmane every time I start Gnus, it's huuuge.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "You can quit, or you can cope. You can't change the         Adam Sjøgren
  company, because nobody listens to reason."            asjo@koldfront.dk