Re: Imap ordering

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Imap ordering
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 14:23:52 +0800

Pietro <pulsarpietro@posteo.net> writes:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I am using Gnus with my IMAP email account but I am having issues with
> the ordering in which the email are shown on the screen, I haven't
> configured anything about the ordering - neither threads nor articles.
>
> Basically the oder now what I would expect: the most recently received
> first, or cronological order to put it in other terms, oddly enough the
> order seems to be perfectly fine for the newsgroup I have subscrived,
> i.e gmane.emacs.gnus.user.

Can you tell us more precisely what you're seeing, vs. what you're
expecting to see? By "most recently received first" do you meant the
most recent at the bottom, or the top? We make no assumptions here!

Then it would be good to see your values for `gnus-show-threads',
`gnus-thread-sort-functions', and `gnus-article-sort-functions'.

Yrs,
Eric