Re: imap inbox, how not to show mails marked Expired

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: imap inbox, how not to show mails marked Expired
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 17:01:11 +0800

Gijs Hillenius <gijs@hillenius.net> writes:

> I'm relearning my Gnus habits, now marking messages as expirable instead
> of deleting (expunging) them. The result is an Inbox with some 20 or
> more emails that I don't mind not seeing, unless I want to
> expressly. These will get expunged by Gnus and then removed from disk by
> Cyrus IMAP after a week.
>
> I've been browsing the manual, but I'm going in circles. What would be
> the a/key combination to hide messages that are marked (expired)? Per
> group, I guess, I'm not sure I want to set it for all groups.
>
> Thanks

I think Nikolaus Rath posted a patch or two to gnus.general a while ago,
which would allow hiding expired messages in the *Summary* buffer, but I
don't think anyone got around to applying it. By which I mean, I didn't
get around to applying it -- it looked like it would take more review
than I had time to give it, and then I forgot about it. Now Gnus
development has moved into the main Emacs tree, and I'm a little wary of
just chucking commits in there, I don't know if/how protocol has
changed.

All of which is a long way of saying that no, I don't think you can do
this right now, but you might be able to before too long (if you're
using the development version of Emacs). :)

Eric