Re: imap inbox, how not to show mails marked Expired

From: Dan Christensen
Subject: Re: imap inbox, how not to show mails marked Expired
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 14:18:48 -0500

On Jan 29, 2016, Gijs Hillenius <gijs@hillenius.net> wrote:

> I'm relearning my Gnus habits, now marking messages as expirable instead
> of deleting (expunging) them. The result is an Inbox with some 20 or
> more emails that I don't mind not seeing, unless I want to
> expressly. These will get expunged by Gnus and then removed from disk by
> Cyrus IMAP after a week.
>
> I've been browsing the manual, but I'm going in circles. What would be
> the a/key combination to hide messages that are marked (expired)? Per
> group, I guess, I'm not sure I want to set it for all groups.

I use

 (display .
          [not expire])

as a group parameter for all mail groups.  (I have all of my mail groups
under a "Mail" topic, and I have this set for the topic.)

The nice thing about this is that you can do `/ w' to run the command
gnus-summary-pop-limit which will show the expired articles if you have
reason to look for them.

Dan