Re: GNUs developer newsgroup

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: GNUs developer newsgroup
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2016 15:48:37 +0100

Emanuel writes:

> asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren) writes:
>
>> P.S. It is called "Gnus", not "GNUs", nor "GNUS".
>
> Something was called "GNUS" sometimes, because that is
> still in some docstrings.

The manual explains this in the History section:

  "GNUS was written by Masanobu UMEDA. When autumn crept up in ’94, Lars
   Magne Ingebrigtsen grew bored and decided to rewrite Gnus."

    - http://gnus.org/manual/gnus_134.html#History (for the rest)

If the 94 spelling is still found in docstrings, they should be updated.
I can't find any, though.

(Surprising that some of the grammar-, punctuation-, and language-police
 of Emacs haven't been all over that yet.)

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "I came from a household that showed as much                 Adam Sjøgren
  knowledge or interest in sport as hedgehogs show in    asjo@koldfront.dk