Re: how to set gnus authinfo file

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: how to set gnus authinfo file
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2016 14:20:52 +0200

You didn't say what version of Gnus / Emacs you use, so your milage may
vary. Anyway:

Alice writes:

> (setq nnimap-authinfo-file

Where did you get this variable name? As far as I can see, it is nowhere
in the Gnus source code.

>       smtpmail-auth-credentials
>       smtpmail-starttls-credentials

Where did you find these variable names? I can't see them in
smptmail.el.

To me it looks like auth-sources is the variable to look at:

,----[ C-h v auth-sources RET ]
| auth-sources is a variable defined in `auth-source.el'.
| Its value is ("~/.authinfo" "~/.authinfo.gpg" "~/.netrc")
|
| Documentation:
| List of authentication sources.
| Each entry is the authentication type with optional properties.
| Entries are tried in the order in which they appear.
| See Info node `(auth)Help for users' for details.
|
| If an entry names a file with the ".gpg" extension and you have
| EPA/EPG set up, the file will be encrypted and decrypted
| automatically.  See Info node `(epa)Encrypting/decrypting gpg files'
| for details.
|
| It's best to customize this with `M-x customize-variable' because the choices
| can get pretty complex.
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| This variable was introduced, or its default value was changed, in
| version 24.1 of Emacs.
`----

Have you tried changing that?

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "No more than that, but very powerful all the same;          Adam Sjøgren
  simple things are good."                               asjo@koldfront.dk