Re: nnml or nnmaildir for mail archive + notmuch

From: Saša Janiška
Subject: Re: nnml or nnmaildir for mail archive + notmuch
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 12:22:32 +0200

> I use nnml for everything, works fine for me.

I put the following in gnus-secondary-select-methods:

(nnml "archive"
                (nnml-directory "~/emacs/gnus/archive")
                (nnml-active-file "~/emacs/gnus/archive/active")
                (nnml-get-new-mail nil)
                (nnir-search-engine notmuch)
             )
          )

but wonder how to initialize it, iow. I created ~/emacs/gnus/archive
and would like to put my messages sorted by year like: archive/2015,
archive/2016 etc. but not sure how to init the setup so I can start
mv-ing msgs there?

In the past I was using Maildir, but after pre-populated ~/Maildir with
desired directory tree, Gnus was able to read it at once.

What do I miss here?

Sincerely,
Gour

--
Just try to learn the truth by approaching a spiritual master.
Inquire from him submissively and render service unto him.