Re: IMAP - two accounts on one server

From: Loris Bennett
Subject: Re: IMAP - two accounts on one server
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 11:39:06 +0200

> Loris writes:
>
>> I still have the problem that I can only access one of the accounts.
>> The same set of folders appear twice, once each for the secondary
>> select method entries "one" and "two".
>
> Show your configuration.
>
> Otherwise we can be guessing forever.

OK:

 '(gnus-secondary-select-methods
   (quote
    ((nnimap "mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de"
             (nnimap-stream tls)
             (nnir-search-engine imap)
             (remove-prefix "nnimap")
             (nnimap-address "mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de"))
     (nnimap "fu_exchange"
             (nnimap-stream tls)
             (nnir-search-engine imap)
             (remove-prefix "nnimap")
             (nnimap-address "mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de"))
     (nntp "news.fu-berlin.de"
           (remove-prefix nntp)))))

I have now discovered that this in fact works, but only if I don't save
the credentials in .authinfo.  If I enter both sets of credentials every
time, Gnus shows me folders from both accounts.

If I do allow Gnus to add an entry for "mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de", then I
don't get asked about the credentials for the entry "fu_exchange", Gnus
shows me the folders from the "mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de" account but not
those for "fu_exchange".  I also can't subscribe to any folders from
"fu_exchange".

So to me it looks like there is a problem when .authinfo is read, but
obviously some people have this kind of setup working with two Gmail
accounts.  So I'm stumped.

Cheers,

Loris