Re: About certain msgs not downloading with agent

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: About certain msgs not downloading with agent
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 17:01:33 -0400

Sorry: didn't mean to send a message like below to you by email

> On Wednesday, 24 May 2017 at 11:55, Harry Putnam wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> What seems peculiar is that I can open and read them so its clear they
>> are on the pool and not expired or canceled or the like.
>
> How large are they?  Do they have attachments?

(See previous post about your question above)

I just discovered something else peculiar about these msgs; If I try
to put gnus-summary-mark-as-dormant (`SHIFT-?') on them; instead of
seeing the face I have for that I see an actual `?' appear at the 4th
space from the left of my Summary lines. The first space after one
reserved for the thread count.

So in my summary line from the left:

+ 2? 12-Nov [...]
  ^^

PS - I hadn't noticed at first but any message that is marked as
dormant gets that `?' in summary line... the only difference on the
peculiar msgs is that my face for dorman doesn't appear on them too.

So may not be as good a clue as I thought.  But the failure of dormant
face to appear must be telling us something...