Re: Duplicate groups (IMAP)

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: Duplicate groups (IMAP)
Date: Sat, 27 May 2017 01:41:41 +0200

John writes:

> Here's the configuration, if it's relevant:
> https://pastebin.com/raw/Nr3K3eXm

I usually prefer to have all my servers in gnus-secondary-select-methods
and setting gnus-select-method to '(nnnil).

This way all groups have their type and servername prefixed, and no
server is special.

I know this doesn't really answer your question, but...

                                 · ⌛ ·

I might guess that what happens with your configuration is that Gnus
thinks you have two servers, the one in your gnus-select-method and the
other defined by your nnmail-expiry-target/gnus-message-archive-method.

You could check this by going to the server buffer (type ^ in the
*Group* buffer, exit by typing q), and seeing how many servers are
listed.

If that is the cause, then my suggestion should fix the problem. I think.

Also, your nnmail-expiry-target has nnimap+my-domain.com, the two other
have mail.my-domain.com. If that isn't a typo, I think it should/will
cause problems.

                                 · ⌛ ·

Ok, I just tested it, and I'm pretty sure this is your problem. I would
suggest trying changing your configuration to:

  (setq gnus-select-method '(nnnil))

  (setq my-server '(nnimap "my-domain"
                           (nnimap-address "mail.my-domain.com")
                           (nnimap-server-port "imaps")
                           (nnimap-stream ssl)))

  (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods `(,my-server))

  (setq nnmail-expiry-target "nnimap+my-domain:Trash"
        nnmail-expiry-wait   'immediate)

  (setq send-mail-function    'smtpmail-send-it
        smtpmail-smtp-server  "mail.my-domain.com"
        smtpmail-stream-type  'starttls
        smtpmail-smtp-service 587)

  (setq gnus-message-archive-method my-server
        gnus-message-archive-group "Sent")

  (setq gnus-gcc-mark-as-read t)

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Archbishop of anarchy"                                      Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk