ISSUE: nnimap and folder contents

From: Oleg Pykhalov
Subject: ISSUE: nnimap and folder contents
Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2017 13:57:36 +0300

Hello,

When I invoke gnus-group-select-group or gnus-group-read-group or
gnus-group-quick-select-group on my INBOX group, Gnus asks how many
articles I want to read.

- If I type Enter it will say “No unread news” and makes group as read.
  0: INBOX

- If I type a small number, like 20, it will open 20 last messages.

- If I type a number of messages in echo area minus 1, I'll get
  1: INBOX

  If I type a number of messages in echo area minus 2, I'll get
  2: INBOX

I found similar issue¹, but the solution was upgrading to latest Gnus in
2010.

Any thoughts?

¹ https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-gnus-english/2010-12/msg00181.html

Thanks,