Re: nnimap groups failing to connect to server

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: nnimap groups failing to connect to server
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2017 17:03:41 +0100

Pier writes:

> I have tried running this by hand on my Debian Busting and... gnutils-cli was
> missing!

Debian Buster (currently testing), I guess you meant :-)

> I have installed gnutls-bin and things seem to work now (we'll se if I
> can get to send this).

Nice!

> Is not gnutls installed with emacs?

I don't think so:

 · https://packages.debian.org/buster/emacs25
 · https://packages.ubuntu.com/artful/emacs25

> I have a compiled version of emacs 25.3 (25.2 in Ubuntu), I installed
> the depencencies with apt and I thought this would have been installed
> (it was in Ubuntu).

The package in Debian does not depend on the gnutls command-line
utilities.

Newer Emacs versions can be built with libgnutls support, and then the
external utilities shouldn't be necessary, however.

> Anyway, thanks so much Adam, you have pointed me to the right direction
> up to goal!

Happy to help.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Wandering stars                                             Adam Sjøgren
  For whom it is reserved                                asjo@koldfront.dk