Re: on automatic gnus-summary-insert-new-articles after posting

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: on automatic gnus-summary-insert-new-articles after posting
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2018 20:03:06 +0200

Robert writes:

> Adam Sjøgren <asjo@koldfront.dk> writes:
>
>> How did you get the clear idea with slrn?
>
> I think the explanation to this psychology is that simpler is easier to
> understand.  I haven't used slrn in a while so I hardly remember the
> complaints I had there.  It's coming to me now that I could only edit
> one article at a time there because slrn doesn't have the window
> concept.  I had to draft an article, edit another.

Ok, I was fishing after what behaviour you would like to see, for you to
get the overview you are lacking.

I am so used to previously read articles not being shown that it feels
very natural to me, but I know that it's different for different people
:-)

[Delayed sending]

> I'm using it now.  Trying it out.  I tried offline mode, but it seemed
> not very easy to understand how to really use it, so I'm back at online
> mode with some caching and using delayed articles.  Thanks for suggesting.

You're welcome - for what it's worth I've never had use for
offline-mode/the agent.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "I pragmatically turn my whims into principles!"             Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk