Re: newbie question: trouble with mail splitting

From: Adam Sjøgren
Subject: Re: newbie question: trouble with mail splitting
Date: Thu, 30 May 2019 17:27:33 +0200

physiculus writes:

> first thanks for the fast replies!
> But unfortunately nothing changed.
> here is my changed gnus.el
> (setq nnmail-split-fancy
>       '(|
>         ;;(: spam-split 'spam-use-regex-headers)
>         (To "emacs-orgmode@gnu.org" "nnmaildir+Lokal:OrgDigest")
>         (From ".*n3.nabble.com" "nnmaildir+Lokal:notmuch")
>         (From ".*pinterest.com" "nnmaildir+Lokal:Pinterest")
>         (Subject "^FRITZ!.*" "nnmaildir+Lokal:fritz")
>         (From "forum@papyrus.de" "nnmaildir+Lokal:Papyrus")
>         ;;(: spam-split)
>         ("mail.misc")
>         ))
>
> If gnus receives mail no splitting is done.
> If i press B t then gnus tells me, that mail goes to mail.misc.
>
> Is there any way to check a little bit deeper, why gnus doesnt split?
> Do i have to set some more variables?

Uhm, yes. The above definitely is not enough.

If you use imap, you can look here:

 · http://gnus.org/manual/gnus_83.html#Client_002dSide-IMAP-Splitting

If you don't (which the above suggests, but the information is
incomplete), then you need at least to also:

  (setq nnmail-split-methods 'nnmail-split-fancy)

Otherwise nnmail-split-fancy doesn't do anything. Documentation here:

 · http://gnus.org/manual/gnus_84.html#Fancy-Mail-Splitting

If you want better hints, include your entire .gnus.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Everything needs to change.                                 Adam Sjøgren
  And it has to start today."                            asjo@koldfront.dk