Re: Expiring nnimap messages automatically

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: Expiring nnimap messages automatically
Date: Tue, 07 Apr 2020 20:45:47 -0700

Nicolas Cavigneaux <cavigneaux@gmail.com> writes:

>>> It returns nil so I guess it's not good?
>>
>> Yup, that would cause the problem. And you're sure that the group name
>> you're testing is a valid one, right? What do you get for just:
>>
>> (gnus-group-find-parameter <group-name>)
>>
>> ?
>
> Yes I think that the group name I'm using for my tests is a valid one. I
> added a screenshot so you can see by yourself.
>
> Evaluating:
>
> (gnus-group-find-parameter "nnimap+home:INBOX")
>
> returns:
>
> ((display . all) (expiry-wait . 2)

Whoa hang on, why did explicitly asking for the 'expiry-wait parameter
return nil before, then? Can you test that again? If 'expiry-wait is
present in the alist, we should have gotten 2 from the earlier call.

Anyway, something is setting this parameter to two days, so I'm guessing
that your imap messages are getting expired, but not until two days
later, so it might look like nothing is happening. Is that possible?

Have you configured the `gnus-parameters' option? Or set an
`expiry-wait' parameter for this group in particular? Two days isn't a
default value anywhere...

Eric