Re: Highlight process-marked files in Gnus summary?

From: Roland Winkler
Subject: Re: Highlight process-marked files in Gnus summary?
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2021 15:08:21 -0500

On Tue, May 19 2020, Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

>>> The obvious goal is to get a better overview of what is marked before I
>>> e.g. delete the articles.  It's too easy to make a mistake with only
>>> those little # marks around.  Ideally the used face would specify a
>>> background color (like hl-line) so it doesn't interfere with the stuff
>>> in `gnus-summary-highlight'.
>>
>> I haven't ever looked at the summary-highlight code, but would it be
>> hard to add another entry in there, call it `process', to specifically
>> target the process mark?
>
> I don't think that's necessary?  Can't you just add highlighting based
> on pretty much anything in the highlighting code?  (It's been a while
> since I looked at it...)

I found this old thread.  Could it make sense to have a minor mode that
puts the `invisible' text property on all lines without process-mark?

I have in mind a use case different from Michael who started this thread:

Often I deal with threads that evolve (magically) such that they become
recognized as multiple threads.  In such a case the process-mark can
help to "collect" all threads on a topic.  Or are there better solutions
for this?