Re: Highlight process-marked files in Gnus summary?

From: Michael Heerdegen
Subject: Re: Highlight process-marked files in Gnus summary?
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2021 00:16:15 +0200

Roland Winkler <winkler@gnu.org> writes:

> I found this old thread.  Could it make sense to have a minor mode
> that puts the `invisible' text property on all lines without
> process-mark?

I played with limiting since then (a concept that is a bit more advanced
than making lines invisible and already exists).

AFAIK there is no command that lets you limit to process marked
articles, but it should be trivial to write using `gnus-summary-limit'
(limits to a given article list).

You might also want to test something like

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(defun my-gnus-limit-to-current-thread ()
  (interactive)
  (let ((a (gnus-summary-article-number)))
    (gnus-summary-limit
     (gnus-summary-articles-in-thread
      (let ((a a))
        (dotimes (_ (gnus-summary-thread-level))
          (cl-callf gnus-summary-article-parent a))
        a)))
    (gnus-summary-goto-subject a)))
#+end_src

Michael.