Re: How to subsribe to a general mailing list?

From: Durand
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2022 06:45:35 +0800

Thanks for all your help!  I appreciate your suggestions sincerely.

But I am not really satisfied by the proposed approach, as I think
that does not grant the users as much freedom as I would expect.

I might sound too demanding and never-satisfied.  I guess I am spoiled
by the freedom I feel in the world of Emacs.

So I am wondering if the following two alternate ideas are practical.
I would be glad to know what you think of them, whether they are
practical or not.

- Is it possible to set up an nntp server on my own virtual personal
  server, and let Gnus talk to that nntp server?  I presume this is
  possible, but I have no experiences in this field.

- Is it possible to download the mailing list directly, as an mbox
  file or any other format that the mailing list provides, and use an
  ephemeral group to view the mailing list?  This is just an
  imagination, and I don't really know what I am talking about.  :P

Best regards,
--
Durand