Re: deuglifing articles

From: Emanuel Berg
Subject: Re: deuglifing articles
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2022 00:31:06 +0200

Adam Sjøgren wrote:

>> many mails from gmail are using Top Posting style, any
>> function to deuglify it?
>
> I think it has been discussed before, but I can't remember
> if anybody came up with something good.

Okay but what's the goal more precisely?

> It would be really nice to have a way to move around quotes
> automatically

(setq gnus-treat-hide-citation t)

TAB is `forward-button' and
<backtab> can be `backward-button'

If you want to fill the citation on open, do this - but, it's
not always what you want -

(defun gnus-article-show-filled-citation ()
  "Fill the citation opened on a hidden citation button press."
  (interactive)
  (let*((pos (point))
        (but (get-char-property pos 'button)) )
    (when but
      (widget-button-press pos)
      (save-excursion
        (gnus-article-fill-cited-article) ))))

If you take a look at this you may also help me by making me
aware if stuff can be removed since it's already in Gnus,
that has always been a problem for me with Elisp and even more
so with my Elisp for Gnus.

https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/gnus/article.el

--
underground experts united