Re: wrong gnus-search in nnml folder

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: wrong gnus-search in nnml folder
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 14:34:10 -0800

Angel de Vicente <angel.vicente.garrido@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Angel de Vicente <angel.vicente.garrido@gmail.com> writes:
>> I will try, though I'm really rusty with Emacs debugging, I will have to
>> refresh my memory..
>
> ok, it was really easy to remember how to use Edebug. What I found is
> that apparently I cannot use "since:3d", "from:angel", etc. and instead I
> just have to use the mairix search patterns
>
> so, "d:3d-" or "f:angel" work fine.
>
> I guess the translation from the common format to the mairix specific
> one is missing somewhere?

That just sounds like you're not using gnus-search at all. What's your
value of `gnus-search-use-parsed-queries'? It is nil by default, and my
guess is you've still got it at nil.

If it is t, how about `gnus-search-mairix-raw-queries-p'? Or have you
added config to the mairix search engine to only use raw queries?