info-sather

Re: Can Sather be awakened?

From: jefu
Subject: Re: Can Sather be awakened?
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 14:11:25 -0800

On Sun, 22 Dec 2002 18:13:49 +0200 (EET)
Tapio Kelloniemi <address@hidden> wrote:

> We could fix the website at least, if we had access permissions
> to that server.

Who owns the website now?  Does anyone on the list know?

> When I compile it, I get the following warning:
>
> Headers, compiling C... Regenerated 34 of 34 files...
> flistFSTR312276997.c:548:15: warning: pasting "infinity" and "(" does not
> give a valid preprocessing token
> (77 seconds)

Those "pasting" errors show up in a number of different programs and
places and seem quite innocuous.

> When I run the resulting program, the output is as follows:
>
> signal 11 caught ...
> Hello World Aborted

Its in libchars.sa and the current error comes about because a
routine is called on "self" assuming "self" is not void, but it is.
But fixing that error just triggers another one down the road and
I'll admit to being a bit stumped by libchars and what the *&^%S#@
it is trying to do.

--
jeff putnam - address@hidden