info-xnee

[Info-xnee] xnee and synchronisation

From: Serg Belokamen
Subject: [Info-xnee] xnee and synchronisation
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 16:50:20 +1100

I am having an issue synchronising Xnee.

Assume I have a recorded a session:

xterm
<NEW WINDOW OPENED>
ping -n 5 HOST
ls -al

Now lets assume that ping 1 and 2 were okay, but pings 3, 4 and 5 start to timeout and thus take longer then time set in the recorded session. This will cause "ls" to run prematurely and then continue with "pings". Essentially a race condition between 2 apps., so in reality synchronisation is lost.

Is there a way to monitor those events. For example, take an alternative course of action if instead of expected "data input" we get an error dialog or anything else that is not expected.

 Thanks,
    Serg