info-xnee

[Info-xnee] Re: xnee and synchronisation

From: Henrik Sandklef
Subject: [Info-xnee] Re: xnee and synchronisation
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 15:41:39 +0100

Hi

thanks for your report.
... please use bug-xnee list instead (see CC).

(I crosspost to info-xnee to show we are switching to bug-xnee)

On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 16:50 +1100, Serg Belokamen wrote:
> I am having an issue synchronising Xnee.
>
> Assume I have a recorded a session:
>
> xterm
> <NEW WINDOW OPENED>
> ping -n 5 HOST
> ls -al
> Is there a way to monitor those events. For example, take an alternative
> course of action if instead of expected "data input" we get an error
> dialog or anything else that is not expected.

There are two questions here, isn't it?

1) Is there a way to monitor/record this?
Yes, there is. I am not sure which requests you have to record but you
can find out yourself. Easiest way is probably
 in xterm nr 1:   sleep 5 ; ls -l

 in xterm nr 2): cnee --record --request-range <tour range goes here>

until you find something useful to use to sync with. It would be great
if you could send us the names of the requests you will use.

2) Take an alternative path?
Xnee can (today) take no alt. path. DOes that answer your question?
Can you explain a bit more what it is you'd like to do.

/h