iris-devel

Re: [Iris-devel] First try at alsaplayer-iris

From: foser
Subject: Re: [Iris-devel] First try at alsaplayer-iris
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 21:39:24 +0200

Andy Lo-A-Foe wrote:
I have ported the excellent IRIS OpenGL plugin for xmms to the
alsaplayer. There are no preferences yet (mainly because there is no
preferences support yet in alsaplayer). Everything else works as expected I think.

Yup, afaik it does. Just installed the player to see the port (had a lot fun with the speed slider ;)).

I would like to work on integrating alsaplayer support in the xmms tree.
It should be possible but would require a bit of abstraction (mainly the
preferences calls). I will send some preliminary patches soon.

As long as it doesn't break stuff it's ok ;) Which brings me to something else (this is also for Cedric), maybe it's time to step away from the xmms config calls and just do our own GTK config window or something together with eg. gconf (altough then we make it dependant on gnome). Any thoughts on this ?

Cedric, you wanted to move Iris to other players etc. as well, didn't you ? I had a look at gstreamer, but there's very little documentation on writing plugins for that right now. Still i might give it a try soon anyway.

Anyways, iris rocks, especially full screen on my TV :-)

I wish i had the hardware :/

- fos

'breaking the silence'