jami

[Jami] bug report location, process?

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: [Jami] bug report location, process?
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2019 12:19:29 -0400

I wanted to open a ticket, and started out from the website.

The contribute page talks about a "gitlab account":

  https://jami.net/bugs-and-improvements/

but I am unclear on gitlab the software vs gitlab the instance.

At the sign-in register page

  https://git.ring.cx/users/sign_in?redirect_to_referer=yes

I see three tabs: SFL / Standard / Register

I don't follow what "SFL" and "Standard" mean.  I'm guessing it is "SFL
employees with some id provider from the company" and "everybody else",
in which case it seems standard would probably be the default.

All of these have a "sign in with" for gitlab and github.  Clicking on
gitlab, I get an oauth page:

   An application called Ring's Gitlab is requesting access to your GitLab
   account. This application was created by Sébastien Blin. Please note
   that this application is not provided by GitLab and you should verify
   its authenticity before allowing access.

   This application will be able to:

     Access the authenticated user's API
     Grants complete read/write access to the API, including all groups and
projects.

which seems strange; I would expect openid more than oauth as I think
the point is to use my gitlab-the-site credentials as a login to the
ring gitlab instance.

Clicking the github login, I get a much more limited oauth request,
which is about reading my email address (which makes more sense; that I
would have provided on signup for a login on the SFL gitlab instance).

The other thing that I'm unclear on is that there seem to be a number of
repositories for core and various clients (makes sense), and there are
also repos on github, but they seem to be mirrors (why do they exist, if
there are git repos on gitlab?).   In particular, I see there's a
ring-android-client on the ring.cx gitlab.  But the README at
  https://git.ring.cx/savoirfairelinux/ring-project
points me to github, which is a mirror, without issues.