jami

Re: [Jami] bug report location, process?

From: Sébastien Blin
Subject: Re: [Jami] bug report location, process?
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2019 11:34:37 -0400

On 4/18/19 12:19 PM, Greg Troxel wrote:
I wanted to open a ticket, and started out from the website.

The contribute page talks about a "gitlab account":

   https://jami.net/bugs-and-improvements/

but I am unclear on gitlab the software vs gitlab the instance.

At the sign-in register page

   https://git.ring.cx/users/sign_in?redirect_to_referer=yes

I see three tabs: SFL / Standard / Register

As Bill said, SFL is for LDAP users from Savoir-Faire Linux, Standard is for the others.

I don't follow what "SFL" and "Standard" mean.  I'm guessing it is "SFL
employees with some id provider from the company" and "everybody else",
in which case it seems standard would probably be the default.
Yes, but I can't easily change that. It's not an option available by default. The only instance I know doing that thing uses a hack with some sed commands after each updates, and we don't want to do that. Should be reported to Gitlab devs.

All of these have a "sign in with" for gitlab and github.  Clicking on
gitlab, I get an oauth page:

    An application called Ring's Gitlab is requesting access to your GitLab
    account. This application was created by Sébastien Blin. Please note
    that this application is not provided by GitLab and you should verify
    its authenticity before allowing access.

    This application will be able to:

      Access the authenticated user's API
      Grants complete read/write access to the API, including all groups and
projects.

I used this page for creating the OAuth API: https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/integration/oauth_provider.html

The gitlab instance is not using OpenID. With just the openid scope, you will see "The requested scope is invalid, unknown or malformed"

The other thing that I'm unclear on is that there seem to be a number of
repositories for core and various clients (makes sense), and there are
also repos on github, but they seem to be mirrors (why do they exist, if
there are git repos on gitlab?).   In particular, I see there's a
ring-android-client on the ring.cx gitlab.  But the README at
   https://git.ring.cx/savoirfairelinux/ring-project
points me to github, which is a mirror, without issues.

The gitlab instance is just a mirror of gerrit (the official repositories). Mirrors are good for a lot of things including:

1. History. If we delete the repo somewhere, it will be still available on github or gitlab

2. Visibility

Great regards,

Sébastien