jami

Re: Jami on Raspberry Pi

From: Ivan Ivanov
Subject: Re: Jami on Raspberry Pi
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 01:15:59 +0300

> Hi Guys,
>
> Do you have a build of Jami server that can be installed on the
> Raspberry Pi 3 or 4?
>
> Cheers
> Paul

Ideally, such a critical infrastructure as privacy respecting server -
should be compiled from source (what if someone would add a backdoor
to that binary package? by the time you'll know that, it could be too
late). That said, Raspberry Pi is perhaps the worst single board
computer according to Free Software Foundation because of a huge
amount of proprietary drivers where the backdoors could be also
hidden. When I learned that, I simply resold my RPi to some sucker,
and now waiting for EOMA68 release (yes, it is less powerful single
board computer, but running on 100% open source so you could really
entrust such a critically important stuff to it)