jami

1 Device 2 Accounts messaging bugs

From: Mike
Subject: 1 Device 2 Accounts messaging bugs
Date: Sat, 01 Apr 2023 11:35:09 -0400

I have two accounts on my device that I'm logged into, one for private
communication and one for public. I'm sending a message from one to the other
as a test.

When I'm sending from A to B, I often don't see a message I just sent appear in
my A account's history of messages with B. But my B account does eventually
receive it and shows it as part of the message history with A. So I have no way
to even see if what I sent was sent on A.
Messages sent from B to A appear in B's history of messages with A, but never
reach A.
Status messages about accounts accepting and joining conversations also never
appear in A.

This seems to be related to which account was added to the device last. It
seems that having the same physical device being both the source and
destination for messages causes problems and only the last attached account
ever gets any status or message into, even if the source and destination
accounts are different.