js-extensions-discussion

Re: State of the Project

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: State of the Project
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2021 00:27:18 -0400

  > * Has anyone informed the IceCat developers of this?

Yes.  I know them.

  > * Would it be preferable to have a single monolithic extension, or one
  > extension per site?

Let's cross that bridge when we come to it.  The hard part is
developing the code to access site A, site B, site C, ...

The best choice for this might be somewhere between the two extreme
choices.  Grouping of sites into extensions doesn't have to be done
according to a rule.

  > * WorldCat doesn't seem to have any critical issues with JavaScript
  > disabled. Could someone point out to me what needs to be addressed?

I saw this myself but it wasn't recently.  Perhaps the nonfree JS code
is a CAPTCHA you only get if you come in via Tor.

  > * Would https://github.com/berbaquero/reeddit be suitable for Reddit?

It describes itself as a "web-app client".  Is that another term for
the extensions we're discussing?  If not, how is it different?

If this does that task, great.  We can link to it and mark that task done.
Would someone volunteer to check it?

--
Dr Richard Stallman