js-extensions-discussion

Re: State of the Project

From: David Paul
Subject: Re: State of the Project
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2021 17:58:52 -0500

> * WorldCat doesn't seem to have any critical issues with JavaScript
> disabled. Could someone point out to me what needs to be addressed?

Certainly. As an example, see [this entry for the GNU Emacs
manual](https://www.worldcat.org/title/gnu-emacs-manual/oclc/232354882).
Please note on the page the heading "Find a copy in the library".
Without running the proprietary JavaScript, the only content under
that heading is a loading spinner GIF and the text "Finding libraries
that hold this item...". The actually library availability information
for the given book is absent.

--
David