koha-win32

[Koha-win32] Koha Windows installation problems

From: Tony Wilson
Subject: [Koha-win32] Koha Windows installation problems
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 22:42:37 -0700

I've tried several installs of Koha2.2.3-W32 on a couple of new XP machines and always get the same problems. I’m doing some things right because I get both the opac and intranet screens, can add users, and it even claimed to parse a MARC upload.

<>The opac screen gives an error when I enter a search:

Server error, premature end of script headers opac-search.pl, error 500.

<>More seriously, perhaps, is the parameters setup. I can set most of the simple ones—branch, item types, borrower categories, and so on. However, I get no list of MARC fields and the screen of blank boxes won’t let me add anything. <>MARC check then shows several errors that I find now way to fix. <>

Then, thinking I may need to set the system preferences, I do that (mostly ok, I think). After doing those, the Parameters screen comes up blank.

I suspect I am missing some major step or basic file to correct most of this and would be most grateful for any help or hints.

<>Tony Wilson, Coordinator
Library Technician Program
Highline Community College

(near Seattle, WA, USA)