koha-win32

[Koha-win32] Re: Balasan: Re: [Koha] help me please

From: Rob Weir
Subject: [Koha-win32] Re: Balasan: Re: [Koha] help me please
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 08:40:45 -0500

I am responding to the win32 list, since this is a win32 question.

The windows install package configures apache to use name based virtual hosts. You should not have to make any changes to httpd.conf unless you want to use ip based hosts or different ports. It looks like you already made some changes to the apache config file.

If you go back to what the install package configured for you (see attachment or restore from the backup file httpd.227 that you will find in the apache config folder), then you can configure other workstations on the network to access koha as follows:

The typical windows install uses Apache virtual hosts to route requests to the two interfaces. The Opac interface is set as the default, so you can reach it using just the server's IP address or domain name. However to reach the administrative interface, you need to associate the alias "intranet" with the IP address of the server. If you have a DNS server on your network, you can ask your IT manager to add an A record that links "intranet" with the IP address of your server.

The other option is to add  a couple entries to the hosts file on each local workstation for each of the interfaces. For example, if your koha server's IP address is 192.168.1.25, the entries would look like:

      192.168.1.25    opac         #    Koha Library Software OPAC
      192.168.1.25    intranet     #    Koha Library Software INTRANET

Once you make these entries in the hosts file on a workstation, you should be able to type either "opac" or "intranet" in the address bar of your browser to access the interfaces. Note that you should use the names "opac" and "intranet" and not an IP address in the address bar of the browser. Since apache is configured to use name based virtual hosts, it will take the names you give and route them to the correct interface. There is a little additional information on this on the Koha wiki at http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=kohawintroubleshoot

On windows xp, you will find the hosts file in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc.

Rob

wahyu prasetyo wrote:
My OS is XP SP2 and I haven't configure the apache yet..i attached my httpd for you..
thanks

Rob Weir <address@hidden> wrote:
What operating system did you use? Did you manually configure apache?

Rob

wahyu prasetyo wrote:
Hello all,

I am from Indonesia, and i want to try using koha for my school institution. I am already install all requirements for koha (apache, mysql, perl and koha 227) but i had some problem to view the intranet interface in my local area network...can anybody fix my problem..
thanks in advance

salam dari indonesia

wahyu