koha-win32

Re: Fwd: [Koha-win32] KOHA-Win32 Intranet problem - MARC Import - No ISB

From: Chris Cormack
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Koha-win32] KOHA-Win32 Intranet problem - MARC Import - No ISBN not imported to the reservoir
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 09:56:15 +1300

On 2/18/07, David Whelchel <address@hidden> wrote:
Whow what a bummer!! This borders on unacceptable. It means that in our, and other instutions, we will need to support multiple browsers. With the number of IE installations this should be addressed. For me I will bite the bullet and set aside a system with firefox to do this one function. Is this because of a weakness in perl?

Dave

Hi David

Its acutally a weakness in IE, it doesnt follow standards. Koha's opac is set up to work with all browsers, well thats the aim. But the librarian interface is only tested/developed heavily for firefox. Koha being a FLOSS system, we work primarily with FLOSS software, of which of course IE isnt.
Its purely a _javascript_ and html problem with IE.
If someone had the time/desire to work on changing the _javascript_ to get it to work with IE we would be most grateful. It would be a matter of changing the template files

Chris