koha-win32

Re: [Koha-win32] New Zoom Search Download?

From: Chris Cormack
Subject: Re: [Koha-win32] New Zoom Search Download?
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 17:29:02 +1300

Hi John

On 2/23/07, John Choo <address@hidden> wrote:

Hi Rob,

I'm looking for any updates that has the new search module (KOHA ZOOM) used
by Nelsonville Public Library System. I think it's v3.0?
I know it might not be a separate module, but would like to have a go at it
rather than tweaking the current v2.2.7 search.

Chris, does that come with the UI?

The UI? Not sure what you mean.

What nelsonville are running is the dev_week version of Koha. Its not 3.0 (3.0 hasnt been released yet either). If you read the page on the wiki, that is how to install it. But as I said its quite difficult to get going and it doesnt have an installer yet, which is why it hasnt been released. So Rob cant port it to windows yet, as we dont have a linux release. You have to install it from cvs.

3.0 will be similair to it when it is released.

So in a nutshell, NPL paid liblime to get it up and running for them, the code is all there in the repository (cvs) but it doesnt have a nice installer so hasnt had a release made. Which means you can install it, but not as easy as 2.2.7

Chris