koha-win32

Re: [Koha-win32] New Zoom Search Download?

From: Rob Weir
Subject: Re: [Koha-win32] New Zoom Search Download?
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 08:10:56 -0500

Hi John,
Chris gave you a good explanation. I want to add just a bit to what he said. Because of the complexity of the zoom version, the consensus seems to be that it will be worth it primarily for larger libraries where zoom excels at searching large numbers of records. For small libraries, the development team is planning on maintaining a non-zoom version.

I don't know how big your library is, but you may want to consider if you want to invest the extra time in learning and maintaining the zoom version, especially while it is still in development. Because I work with a small library, I have not taken that plunge yet.

Paul wrote up some of his thoughts on the zoom versus non-zoom version at http://wiki.koha.org/doku.php?id=nozebra30 You may want to read that for some additional perspective.

Rob

John Choo wrote:
Hi Rob,

I'm looking for any updates that has the new search module (KOHA ZOOM) used
by Nelsonville Public Library System. I think it's v3.0?
I know it might not be a separate module, but would like to have a go at it
rather than tweaking the current v2.2.7 search.

Chris, does that come with the UI?

Thanks,
John