koha-win32

Re: [Koha-win32] Problem in edit and Delete "Existing items"

From: Partha Mukhopadhyay
Subject: Re: [Koha-win32] Problem in edit and Delete "Existing items"
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2007 20:41:09 +0800

Dear Vikash

Koha is partially compliant with FRBR model where the main biblioraphic
description is the manifestation and copies of that manifestations are items.
When we are cataloguing a document in hand we are describing the manifestation
and when we are recording copies available in the libraries those are items.

Follow these steps -

Search a document from cataloguer interface

Click edit item button in the displayed screen

It will list all the items with details of branch, accession no (item barcode)
etc.e.g
Kalna College Central Library Kalna College Central Library 9998

Now click the delete button (the dustbin thumbnail image)

It will delete the item without disturbing the manifestation

Dr. Parthasarathi Mukhopadhyay
Department of Library and Information Science
University of Burdwan, Burdwan, West Bengal, India