Re: The auth interface on L4-Hurd

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: The auth interface on L4-Hurd
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 23:24:22 +0200

On Thu, Aug 01, 2002 at 08:10:10PM +0200, Wolfgang Jährling wrote:
> So it seems we need to modify the auth interface, for example by adding
> an "auth_prepare_authentication" RPC which will give us an object handle
> that can't be used for *any* RPCs to auth.

Yes, you are right, we must do it this way.  This call will replace the
"port_get_right" call the user does now.

This is so because the rendevouz port is in Mach provided by the trusted port
server mach, while in L4 it must be in the trusted auth server (as auth
doesn't trust anything else).

I was mostly wrong with everything I said ;) at least wrt the auth server.

Neal helped me to sort out my confusion, thanks Neal!

Thanks,
Marcus

address@hidden
http://www.marcus-brinkmann.de/