Re: Hurd/L4 as a class project

From: Marcus Brinkmann
Subject: Re: Hurd/L4 as a class project
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2005 13:02:18 +0100

At Tue, 8 Feb 2005 02:35:14 -0500 (EST),
"Matthew T. Brewer" <address@hidden> wrote:
> This particular class' purpose is to get students to make significant
> contributions to open source OS projects under licenses like the GPL, or
> the BSD license.

Ah, that's great!

> development group as a whole wanted. Writing a bunch of code that will not
> be accepted back into the source tree would be a purely academic venture,
> which (ironically enough) is not the goal.

:)

I guess the formalities are quite clear then.  When you had a look
around and have a better idea on what is there and what you are
interested in working on, let us know, and we will see how it'll fit
in.  If you have any questions, just ask.  There is also a #hurd-l4
channel on irc.gnu.org, where we usually hang around.

Thanks,
Marcus