Compile Errors

From: Ayan Chakrabarti
Subject: Compile Errors
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 18:05:42 +0530

Hi,

I have Automake 1.9 and Autoconf 2.59. However, I still get warnings about stuff being underquoted when I run autoreconf on the hurd-l4 source.

for example,

/usr/local/share/aclocal/glib-2.0.m4:8: warning: underquoted definition of AM_PATH_GLIB_2_0

Also, a subsequent configure(with both maintainer mode enabled and disabled) and make, fails with parse errors in include files like "include/bits/pthread-np.h (before the l4_thread_id_t identifier)".

I'm not running a Gentoo system so its not about WANT_AUTOMAKE,etc not being set. And autoconf --version and automake --version confirms I'm running the latest version.

Could anyone suggest what the problem could be ? Am I doing something wrong ? I'm trying to setup hurd-l4 to run on qemu, based on the documentation at http://perso.ens-lyon.fr/alexandre.buisse/hurd/qemu-howto

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

--ayan