Re: Compile Errors

From: Bas Wijnen
Subject: Re: Compile Errors
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 16:47:14 +0100

Neal H. Walfield wrote:
At Wed, 09 Feb 2005 18:05:42 +0530,
Ayan Chakrabarti wrote:
I have Automake 1.9 and Autoconf 2.59. However, I still get warnings
about stuff being underquoted when I run autoreconf on the hurd-l4 source.

This is a warning emitted by automake.  Newer version of automake are
smarter at detecting underquoting.  We don't use glib so it is nothing
that affects the Hurd.

This isn't the only one, there's a few pages of them, at least for me.
However, it seems they don't cause a problem, the compilation runs fine
here.

Also, a subsequent configure(with both maintainer mode enabled and
disabled) and make, fails with parse errors in include files like
"include/bits/pthread-np.h (before the l4_thread_id_t identifier)".

You'll need to give us an exact error message.  Also, it might help if
you give the exact options you passed to configure.

And the version of gcc.  Also, if you used an old tree which you updated
with cvs, do a make clean and try again.  It helps sometimes.