Importing LibC Functionality

From: wgrim
Subject: Importing LibC Functionality
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 10:55:45 -0500

Hey there.

I'm new to GNU/Hurd on L4 (and in general), and I plan to implement a device
driver framework so that real system usability can start to occur while other
things are improved by other developers.  I'm considering the deva/fabrica and
antrik proposals and don't currently have my own proposal or a design plan.

However, I was wondering how difficult it is to import libc functionality into
GNU/Hurd?  For example, let's say I didn't have "fread(3)", I'd have to import
that into GNU/Hurd's libc for my use.  Also, I assume porting libc
functionality from GNU/Hurd on Mach would be the best option?

Thanks so much in advance,
William (AKA Mike) Grim
SIUE Web Mail