Re: NetBSD drivers on HURD?

From: wgrim
Subject: Re: NetBSD drivers on HURD?
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 14:00:59 -0500

So far, my plan for the device driver framework is to finish up anything
deva/fabrica may have left unfinished or unclean.  Then, if possible, I would
definitely like to get NetBSD's newbus IDL into GNU/Hurd.

As for supporting binary drivers, I won't personally do that, as the other
things will probably consume enough of my time.  However, while some GNU people
may not agree, I think anyone who wants to do it should go for it.  That's what
GNU lets you do!

I'm still in the process of learning about the GNU/Hurd internals before
finishing the driver framework.  I actually don't foresee any practical work
coming from me for at least another month.

--Mike Grim
SIUE Web Mail