Re: NetBSD drivers on HURD?

From: Daniel Wagner
Subject: Re: NetBSD drivers on HURD?
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2005 11:50:38 +0200

Hi Mike,

On Friday 29 July 2005 21:00, address@hidden wrote:
> So far, my plan for the device driver framework is to finish up anything
> deva/fabrica may have left unfinished or unclean.

The fabrica code is only a mess because I could never get near anything what
we needed.  It was the chicken-egg problem. I needed some infrastructure from
hurd-l4 but  hurd-l4 is depending on the drivers. Anyway, the code was a
first try but I don't think it very useful at all at this point. You might be
better of starting from scratch.

cheers,
daniel